TOT: Weeping for long-gone days

Not sure about the order, but I recall:

Picture Book Andy Pandy Flowerpot Men Rag, Tag & Bobtail The Woodentops

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Mains lead that had a significant resistance. Often used with radios that had been designed for 110v working so that 130v was lost in the lead.

Reply to
charles

And people tucked them under carpets...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Isn't that exactly how underfloor heating works?

Reply to
Norman Wells

Bob Eager wrote in news:d2tvouFj934U33 @mid.individual.net:

Blimey - thanks.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

probably to keep their feet warm

Reply to
charles

I think you are right. I remembered Rag Tag and Bobtail but I wasn't sure if that was one of the group!

Reply to
Woody

In message , Martin writes

Don't knock it.

Clyne Radio in Tottenham Court Road sold me the ludicrous radio kit where the instructions said to fix it together with the angle brackets and the supplied nuts and bolts. The nuts being inside the cubular case.

It may have been that or the previous crystal sets that wouldn't tune, so there was only AFN's Hillbilly Reveille or Stickbuddy Jamboree in the early morning, or, later, the R&B show that had "Roll Over Beethoven" as the most voted for request every week for well over a year.

Not many people in the UK were so aware of or affected by hearing of the death of Hank Williams. I like to think that the Rolling Stones may have been fellow travellers with the R&B.

Reply to
Bill

An Aussie one. "The Terrific Adventures of the Terrible Ten".

They used SCR-536 handhelds!

Reply to
Graham.

And electric blankets.

Reply to
Graham.

Two out of three of those by the brilliant Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin, of course. A year or two back I bought the complete "Noggin the Nog" on DVD. One of the best purchases I've ever made. :)

Reply to
John Hall

Too late for me. My first TV memory is Muffin the Mule.

But I once had dinner with Peter Firmin.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh wow. No I don't remember it (born 1953) but I wish I did.

From the description it sounds like the computer included a 3D printer.

Reply to
Graham.

I thought that was a sexual offence - until I discovered Smirnoff.............

Sorry, couldn't resist it - and another memory to boot!

Reply to
Woody

Yes that is correct, and in the right order.

Tales of the Riverbank was a few years later, and it was boring!

Reply to
John J Armstrong

Only with the arrival of the internet was I able to confirm that this hadn't been a figment of my childhood imagination.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ... writes

And, of course, Rolf Harris!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Got shot by an American Dentist but in them days nobody cared.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Looks like I still have some of my marbles then. ;-)

For our music homework I was once required to produce a few bars of original tune, showing exposition, development, recapitulation...

Lacking inspiration, I though I could get away with the Rag, Tag & Bobtail theme, which fitted the template. I might have got away with it had not the teacher decided to see what it sounded like on the piano. It was recognised. :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I found all of them boring when I reached 25 too.

Reply to
Norman Wells