TOT: Weeping for long-gone days

Shirley Abicair

"Tonight" had a whole gang of musicians - Robin Hall & Jimmy MacGregor, Cy Grant, Rory McEwen...

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Cliff Michelmore is still alive.

Reply to
Martin

Somebody won second prize with a plagiarised piece by Mozart in a Steve Race music competition.

Reply to
Martin

And Gerry Anderson invented the sat-nav in Supercar. It was called Clear-Vu.

Reply to
Graham.

He made a comeback 25 years or so later teaching children to read.

Reply to
Graham.

Maxwell Smart had a shoe phone.

Reply to
JohnT

Of course you meant to type band 111 :-)

Many things that were on Lew Grade's ATV first went on the rest of ITV later. Crossroads was an example and Tingha and Tucker Club. I used to listen on Channel 8. I say listen because Granada Winter Hill on Channel 9 wiped out the picture.

Reply to
Graham.

Are you suggesting we have them (need them) in the C21?

Mind you on this very desk is this. (Not sure why).

Not excatly a shoephone. but a shoe phone-holder with lights that flash when it rings.

Reply to
Graham.

In message , John J Armstrong writes

Another favourite of mine as a child. They actually used real animals, IIRC. Goodness knows how they got them to perform.

Reply to
John Hall

No, I thought it was boring too. So 6 programmes and 5 days, did Rag Tag and Bobtail get axed in favour of Tails from the Riverbank?

Reply to
Graham.

In message , Graham. writes

It seems not to have been part of the "Watch With Mother" series, but shown in late afternoon. According to Wikipedia:

"The original black and white Tales of the Riverbank series was first shown by the BBC on 3 July 1960 at 4:50 pm."

Reply to
John Hall

What an amazing website! Feel like I'm Lost In Space!!

John

Reply to
Another John

I was more interested in his assistant, Agent 99.

Reply to
Davey

No he meant to type Band III

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Google "The Conet Project" "HAARP" "Woodpecker OTH radar"

Reply to
Graham.

Is that what let the driver sit facing rearwards in an SPV (Captain Scarlet)?

I'm pretty sure I remember the background scenery going the wrong way through the windows.

(Googles: Aahh! - Wikipedia confirms I'm right!)

Reply to
Reentrant

It wasn't going the wrong way. The idea or so I thought at the time was tha t it was safer for a person to be facing the rear of a vehicle should an ac cident happen as you'd have the back of the seat stoping you from going for ward into the windscreen. Didn;t have airbags in those days. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

XMY556 A for Apple, B for Bob etc.

Albeit a different show though :)

Happy days

Reply to
FredCarnot

Reply to
Woody

I had to Google that reference, but I vaugly remember the show.

Supercar to base Fireball XL5 to Space City Tower from Stingray

Broadsword calling Danny Boy

Reply to
Graham.