TOT: Weeping for long-gone days

You are indeed right about the SPV being piloted from a rear-facing back seat, but that wasn't very convincing to me because of what I knew about Lancaster rear gunners.

No part of the SPV instrumentation was called "Clear-Vu" though was it?

Reply to
Graham.

What did you know about them and/or how is it relivent ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

I always thought that Droitwich was abroad - perhaps in Austria or Germany.

It must have been 25 or more years later that to my surprise I found it signposted on an exit from the M5.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

I was annoyed when I found out that Enid Blyton was a woman.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I was annoyed when the gollywogs stole the cars from Mr. garage owner ......

Reply to
Jimbo /p

In message , Jimbo /p writes

"A Fine Defence of Enid Blyton" Well worth a listen:

Ian Jackson

In message , Bill Wright writes

I was astonished when I found out that Richmal Crompton was. How could a woman have such an understanding of the 11-year-old male mind?

Reply to
John Hall

The first name not being enough of a clue, eh?

Reply to
Tim Streater

A friend of mine is a lifelong Richmal Crompton fan.

His firstborn son was named William.

Reply to
Bob Eager

just "William"?

Reply to
Charles Hope

Because of the name. Its sound and spelling.

Reply to
Indy Jess John

How about Ipswich and Nantwich? Or indeed Norwich.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You would think so, bit I made the same mistake.

Worse still, I thought Andy Pandy was a girl.

Reply to
Graham.

but the "Droit" is very French

Reply to
Charles Hope

I had been to Ipswitch and Norwich. So I knew where they were. I hadn't noticed Nantwich on the radio dial.

Reply to
Indy Jess John

How should I know that 'Enid' was a woman's name? It sounds more like a blokes name.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

All dogs are male; all cats are female. That was my belief in 1954.

Harold Macmillan was Prime Minister in the late 50s so "Our Father which art in heaven, Harold be thy name..." made a sort of sense.

The gap between my mother's breasts went right through her body and came out as her bum.

ITV aerials had to be mounted at right angles to the transmitter so they picked up most signal (my dad put me right about that when I was five).

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Furthermore, the old man with the droopy moustache who sat in silence at the back of the classroom when we had a student teacher was Albert Schweitzer.

And I became convinced during the fourth year in the juniors that the world as I saw it was an elaborate artificial environment created for us by some superior beings who were observing us.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , Graham. writes