TOT - "Community solar farm"?

That's OK I predate the internet as well. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A few "architect" designed buildings have screwed up on this one but it requires a south facing systematic concave configuration to form a focus and a lot of bad luck for someone to park inside the damage zone.

The only condition that a solar array will meet is being south facing.

Only ones with a glass floor in their cockpit. There are vastly larger glasshouses which reflect more light and have never caused a problem.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Like some helicopters...

Do they have flat roofs or a series of pitched ones?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

All the ones I've seen are _glossy_ black. Comes of being made with glass.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Pitched roofs.

One near us that I have visited is here:

It's impressive how they can control the conditions to grow such a number of plants so regular.

And plenty more around East Anglia.

Though the biggest in the UK is I believe this one:

Reply to
Chris French

Ah, someone noticed. Well done.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Very few solar panel arrays are installed flat.

A few smaller panels on RV roofs.

Reply to
john james

The panels will no more have a significant 'focus' in the air than a collection of greenhouses would.

Reply to
Jim Newman

No 'particualr' fixation involved, I am just asking questions prompted by the thread. You sound like the obsessive one (who can't spell).

Reply to
Davey

On

In the UK horizontal panels generate more energy than vertical ones. They also do it over more hours than those fixed at due south. They are generally set to get the best financial return rather than the most generating hours.

Reply to
dennis

I expect in reality, you have no vested interest. Just a form of paranoia/NIMBYism. Certainly reflected light shows a level of dimwittedness as they are black and reflect virtually no light.

Reply to
harryagain

It's the excuse offered by stupid people that ask the stupid questions.

Thge only good thing about stupid questions is that they enable stupid people to be quickly identified.

Reply to
harryagain

Not weasely at all as amount generated depends on the weather. More weasely is the maintenance plan offered.

Reply to
harryagain

It's all part of the clutching at straws syndrome these retards are afflicted with. They get even worse with wind turbines. (Drivelish claims they chop darling little bats and birds to pieces and "flicker" etc.)

There's only one argument against mega size PV ground arrays and that's about it taking up agricultural land. Personally I think all PV should be on roofs when it's taking up no space. And furthermore, everyone should be compelled to have one.

Reply to
harryagain

Dementia. Living in the past.

Reply to
harryagain

Stupid answers are also good for that, Harry. Very good indeed.

Reply to
Adrian

You mean you've never noticed? The really big new ones are neither. They are a succession of linked semicircular polytunnels.

Reply to
harryagain

Neither look to be glass.

Reply to
harryagain

The optimum for the UK is 36 degrees to maximise production.

Reply to
harryagain

Only stupid pilots don't look out. Always. It's the very first rule of flying, the very first thing you learn.

So flying is something else you have zero knowledge about.

Reply to
harryagain