Toilet seat - sorted!

Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that won't stay up!

- no idea who makes them though....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

All's I see is a Toilet seat?

Reply to
George

Designed by a woman perhaps?

Even when they do stay up, a woman will knit a cover for it so it wont!

Reply to
Graham.

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece of wood; throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised seat to end up resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Reply to
OG

In message , OG wrote

Surely on all well designed systems it rests in a stable position anyway?

Reply to
Alan

You've not seen TMH's previous post then.

Reply to
OG

We've seen a pic of the possible solution but we haven't seen a pic of the actual problem . Can't see that this one is much different from what I have or any others I have seen except mine has two hinge blocks and this one has a wooden block . What I'd like to know is why the face of the cistern ( the problem one) is so far forward relative to the toilet bowl that the seat won't stay up .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Exactly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wasn't mine, the OP was Gareth. 'Toilet seat not staying up.'

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

========================================= Maybe someone mixed without matching - wrong cistern for the bowl.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

So this post is the solution to Gareth's problem ....or do you have a similar problem ?

Anyway it would have been nice for Gareth to have posted a pic to explain exactly what HIS problem was re the toilet seat .That might have explained things a bit better .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Designed -- or mismatched -- by a woman, presumably :-)

Though I understand that some women (though none of my acquaintance, AFAIK) use a standing position -- and in Germany men are exhorted to do the opposite. "Pinkeln im stehen verboten!" Life is endlessly interesting.

Reply to
Appin

More likely to have been changed for an unsuitable cheap Chinese ersatz replacement from a shed.

Andy would have had a thing or two to say about it I'm sure.

Chinese toilets don't have seats do they ... %-|[

Derek

Reply to
Derek

The message from Derek contains these words:

Chinese toilets are just a hole in the floor, with, if you're lucky, a hose to squirt any overspill in the direction of the said hole in the said floor. If they're VERY posh they've got a proper ceramic hole in the floor, complete with moulded-in grips for your feet.

Reply to
Appin

15 years ago it varied if you where in a western tourist hotel they had "normal" toilet bowls. But most public loos, loos on trains and places where the chinese went they were squat ones. Sometimes porcelain, sometimes just a trough cast in concrete with water flowing down it or just chute out through the wall into the paddy field.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Appin writes

What more do you need ?

Reply to
geoff

Is there any truth in reports that Chinese pigs are fed on human excreta?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Just got to watch your keys,cash and wallet don't fall in to the shit ..lol...Messy business getting them back . lol

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

The best public one I've used in China was one Sunday morning in a public park. A room with about 12 stalls, each one enclosed on three sides with a 600 high wall and simple rectangular opening in the bottom. There were quiet a few guys using the facilities while smoking, chatting with their neighbours and making phone calls. It was a very social event.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton