Tin openers

What can I use to open a 20 litre drum with? I don't want a dangerous jagged edge.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Angle grinder!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Bugger! beat me to it!

Jig saw might be better but tedious!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sounds like you need a nibbling tool.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Sharp knife works but you will end up with a dangerous edge however cut.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You already have a jagged edge which is irritating but not dangerous.

Reply to
Richard

Could be dangerous if it held something flammable!

Reply to
Davey

Copper ring, and some PE.

Reply to
John Rumm

Que?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think you are being unfair to someone who has a low tolerance for idiots.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

aka shaped charge

Reply to
Andy Burns

Since neither of you read the OP, I can't understand why you posted unless you are retarded.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Plastic explosive

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's 'only' 20L(whats that 5 Gallons) take it to a local restaurant/hotel and ask (nicely) to use there can opener usually restaurant sized ones are unlimited in diameter and the height is only limited to about 18 inches.

soup

To clarify, you said: "What can I use to open a 20 litre drum with? I don't want a dangerous jagged edge."

That depends on what you mean by open. A jig-saw will surely open it. So will a drill to empty its contents.

Can you be more clear to what you mean by "open"?

Most 20 litre drums I have come across have a preferred entry point for a tap, or you could use one of these:

Fredxxx

Use a drill bit, pipe and siphon the contents to another 20L storage container compatible with whatever it is.

If the item is powder, then use a file around the lip to open the can like...

How to Open a Can without Can Opener - Zombie Survival Tips #20

then use some flexible edging strip to make it kid safe.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Use a hacking knife and a hammer.

Or any similar edged tool you might have to hand.

Reply to
harry

Use a dremel to cut through the rolled edge and the top becomes a lid.

You may want to make a jig to help.

Reply to
dennis

Another site selling drum deheaders:

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes but can you begin to understand what jagged means first?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer