Tin openers

Good idea.

I knew there would be someone on the planet that would know what he was talking about and be capable of communication. It just takes sooooo long to wade through it all on here.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Jagged, or in your post "jagged edge", implies to me an element of undulation of a cut surface.

I associate a jagged edge of a 20 litre drum to be akin to that left behind using one of those old fashioned tin openers with a blade my grandmother might have use which you worked around the top of a tin.

Yet the clean cut from a current tin opener looks benign, but equally dangerous. I know of one person attending A&E and requiring stitches from a non-ragged edge of a tin.

Perhaps you can educate me so I can better understand "ragged" pertaining to 20 litre drums.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Perhaps but I doubt it. Take a lesson on netiquette instead:

Weatherlawyer

Depends what is inside it of course!

There used to be a very big kind of ratchet shears thing I saw being used to do this, but it still needed in some places the sides deburring. I should have paid more attention.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Because its funny.. that is why. Have you no sense of humour? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I wonder if his link mentions humour, or lack of?

Fredxxx

If you need to do it on an industrial scale then a type F machine from here..

dennis

What's funny an angle grinder. It might have been somewhat witty the first time it was used as a joke on here but the new millennium is heading for it s 2nd decade. To some of us it is still funny but to the normal people on h ere (very few of us it seems) it isn't "still funny".

Granted, there are one or two jokes that can stand being told repeatedly, i n the case of such, it is more in the presentation than the punch-line. But whilst I have your attention: What text to speech programme(s) do you use and do you happen to know if it runs on Linux?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Suck it and see if I switch it on for you.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

What, like contrails?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I saw one of these at a car boot this morning but he wanted too much for something I couldn't see was working:

If i was thinking of making wood burners, patio-heaters or BBQ stoves, I' probably get one. But I have a Dremmel somewhere. so I thought I'd try that first.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

So a small die-grinder? Not so different from an angle-grinder after all ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Unless you count the OP.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Going off some of the posts, Brian, I think it was a can of worms?

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12