Chamberlin Genie garage door openers

How far away can you operate the remote from your car and have the door open?

My Stanley openers finally quite and I could only open it about 30 ft from the door some days I had to be almost 10ft away.

I can't decide on a Genie fast open ( screw drive) or the belt drive Chamberlain.

The screw drive slings grease on the outside of the door.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

That sounds like someone using the wrong grease. I have never had a problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There are units that can operate the door from 1500' away,

but from a safety standpoint you should be within visual distance from the door. Personally, I would go for the Chamberlain operator.

Reply to
Rich

I bought the Chamberlain, because of the fact that that's its belt driven and quiet, and stayed away from the Genie because I don't want a line of grease on the outside of the door from the rotation of the screw drive.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb