There's a hole in my shoe

I stepped on a drawing pin, and now my leather soled-shoe lets in moisture - just walking over damp ground is enough to get a wet sock.

Is it possible to repair this myself?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Yes.

Dry the shoe thoroughly and inject the hole with rubber solution, as used for traditional bicycle puncture repairs. Allow to dry thoroughly, say 24 hours.

If that doesn't work, have new soles fitted at a shoe repairer.

Reply to
Bruce

You could try the "cure all" that a lot of tradesmen (and diy'ers) swear by ------ a spot of silicone mastic!

Or pop into one of the little shoe repair/key cutting shops that seem to be in Cardiff and ask them to plug the hole with whatever 'professional' gunge that they use (should only cost around a couple of pounds).

Reply to
Unbeliever

Out of interest how much does it generally cost to get new soles fitter to a pair of shoes?

Reply to
Tom

Good stuff for fixing shoes is Shoe Goo. You can get it via Amazon. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper than shoes. Just squeeze a bit onto the hole and work it in with a bit of matchstick and let it set.

Reply to
mick

Either car body filler, or a pot mender (anyone remember them?).

Actually I had much the same experience a while ago when a roofing-felt nail punctured a sole of a pair of casual/trainer type shoes and almost punctured my foot (it was bloody painful). The hole in the sole seems to have more or less sealed itself but I still try to avoid walking in puddles. The 'tread' on the soles is well worn down (up?) anyway, so it's time for a new pair when I can find something comfortable...For any serious walking I much prefer Brasher TrailMaster boots.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

£15-£30
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That rather explains why leather soled shoes are fast disappearing.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1jehphn.7v5xj8vbg1orN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

You can buy stick on rubber sole protectors which are actually quite good for expensive shoes as they protect the actual leather sole and you can replace them once they're worn through. I used to use them on my Churches brogues which cost a bloody fortune to have new soles fitted.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Dear Lisa dear Lisa There's a hole in my shoe dear Lisa a hole

I'll get my coat....

Reply to
clip52

I climbed on the back of a giant albatross Which flew through a crack in the cloud To a place where happiness reigned all year round And music played ever so loudly

Perhaps you could get mine too...

Reply to
Graham.