Shoe adhesive

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know the best glue to use, that is easily available, to stick a heel back on a shoe?
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid says...

Polyurethane glue's good for that sort of thing - flexible and gap- filling.

says...

will it bond plastic & rubber ?
rick_hughes@remove_me.btconnect.com says...

Certainly does some plastics and some flavours of "rubber" - I've used it to fix the boy's rugby boots and they lasted half a season until he grew out of them.

Yes, but this is cobbler's PU glue (solvent-based, white, flexible when dry) rather than wooodworker's PU glue (water-cure, brown, foams and is rigid when dry).
Cobbler's PU is hard to find, except in disposable (non-resealable) tubes in sets with rubber replacement soles.
In article <b3eddac7-ac89-4f2e-a2da-e9136e22fb03

I used carpenter's glue and it worked fine.

On 27/12/2010 11:55 a.m., Skipweasel wrote:

Don't walk in puddles.

I recently used McNett's Freesole (available from outdoor/walking/ camping type shops) to stick the sole back on my wife's walking boots. It's a clear urethane adhesive and seems to work very well.
Graham
snipped-for-privacy@auckland.no.spam.ac.nz says...

Said the walrus.

'Shoe Goo' - excellent stuff.
Mathew

'Shoe Goo' - excellent stuff. <<<
What shops sell this stuff?

I bought mine online - eBay or Amazon I can't remember which. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in some bricks-and-mortar shops - perhaps the shoelace/polish section in Tesco's etc.
It really is amazing stuff. I once used it to stick the sole back on a pair of sandals which I subsequently used whilst wading in a fast- flowing river. I really didn't expect the repair to survive but it did - indeed it seems as good as the original manufacturing process (perhaps it is indeed the same).
Mathew
Mathew Newton wrote:

It's probably better actually.
Most shoes are built down to a price.

Aren't they just. The Vimes theory of shoe economy isn't far wrong.

I thought that they were built on a last
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

They may well be, but not TO last..

ShoeRays!

Malachi 020:016

But, sadly, not /to/ last.

Fantastic Maxie! Fantastic! The season of merriment is upon us and Maxie rises to the occasion. What a man indeed.