shoe repair

A little off topic but . . . I have repaired loose soles on shoes before wi= th Shoe Goo, great stuff. My question is, when the heels or soles wear out= (talking about leather casual shoes with rubber soles) can you get replace= ment heels and/or soles, and glue them on with Shoe Goo or other glue? Has= anyone done this? And if so where did you get the replacement parts? -- = H

Reply to
heathcliff

Weren't they excellent!?

I wore my pair for almost 20 yrs. Finally took 'em to RW and asked them to repair the insoles. The told me to get lost. End of an era.

If you want true leather Wellingtons, might I suggest this company:

They've been making motorcycle patrolman boots forever. Expensive, I know. But try and find custom shoes/boots any cheaper.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Should you go the glueing route, I don't know how well rubber soles will adhere to the leather upper portion, but the glue of choice in the leather industry is Barge Cement, specific for leather.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny