Legally Blonde

Is it just me, or has 99% of the female population taken on the nasally Valley Girl talk in the movie? Almost every commercial I hear, and lots of women have this extremely aggravating nasal twang. Nothing even like a good Southern belle drawl, but sounds like some California Valley Girl. It drives me nuts.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Isn't that the point ?

Reply to
Atila Iskander

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 14:09:55 -0700, "Steve B" wrote in Re Legally Blonde:

It's not just you. It's been a popular affectation with woman in their 20s and 30s for quite some time.

I too find it annoying.

Reply to
CRNG

Me too.

Reply to
Frank

Doesn't play at all in N. Texas

Reply to
NotMe

How about women (up to say 45yrs) that say "like" for every other word? Grrrrr!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

You sure that was because of the change over or that they were just a bit overly rambunctious with their boy friends?

Reply to
NotMe

It wasn't because they were bright.

Reply to
krw

There isn't much dimmer than a blond (or Democrat) behind the wheel.

Reply to
krw

yes

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

or "He goes..." "She goes..." "I go..." for 'says' or 'said'? and every spoken statement with an upward inflection at the end, as if it was a question?

Reply to
willshak

It's a selection modality. Vally Girl Twang (VGT) is a quick and precise method of disqualifying the young lady as a prospective mate.

In addition to grating to the ears, VGT is almost always accompanied by incessant and unendurable chatter ("Let me describe what every woman was wearing at the cat show...").

My personal tell is fingernail polish of psychedelic colors. The human male's brain is wired, science that uses real math tells us, to view anything other than red as putrid. Red is the color of blood and serves as confirmation that the female can rip flesh apart when making our evening meal. That gene was set 100,000 years ago.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not so bad on an eight year-old.

Sounds dangerous, though.

Reply to
krw

Also, I hear a lot of young women make statements sound like questions by changing the pitch of the last word. Others will end sentences with a tired, gravelly sound in their voices.

Reply to
Rocinante