Thank God I don't run windows..

"Microsoft?s first update to Windows 10 is bricking some users? PCs."

"Those suffering from the latest problem reported that the Windows 10 infinite crash loop was stopped by removing security identifiers for users that no longer existed in the Windows registry."

Not as easy as editing a Linux config file, by half.

"The fix, however, hasn?t worked for all.

It?s the second update glitch to hit Window 10: update KB3074681 came days before the big launch and crashed file explorer while there were also problems with Nvidia drivers."

Shoddy unprofessional code anyone?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The astute will wait for a few months before pressing the download key. I wasted a week of my spare time messing with Linux before binning it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I downloaded Windows 10 on one of my desktop pooters and reverted back to 7 after a few days. I didn't like it, even with the *slightly) improved Start menu. I'll download it onto one of my laptops though and see how Microsuck improves 10 in the future. There's already bugs being discovered (nothing new there)

Reply to
Bod

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

What amuses me is that today's Patch Tuesday fixes for the "new" Win10 Edge browser, supposedly rewritten completely from the ground up with no legacy Internet Exploder code used, has patches fixing exactly the same vulns as the patches for Internet Exploder.

Someone at M$ has been telling porkies.

No only that, the patches released today to prevent malware-infected USB sticks from infecting any Windows computer they are plugged into have been released for *all* Windows versions, including Win10.

Same old s**te, different day. I have a mental image of billg sitting in front of a Win10 PC with his head in his hands.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I'll wait probably until January when I can't go out and play. And then if its been patched up ............ maybe. From what I've read there is nothing there that I would use anyway.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Frankly IIRC there is nothing beyond the first version of 64 bit native windows that is of much use to any traditional desktop user, feature wise.

If they had simply fixed all the bugs in that...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wonder if he gets phone calls from "Microsoft Support"

Actually, he might think such a call was genuine. He probably does get calls from Microsoft Support.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Don't we all?

Reply to
Charles Hope

If only. Instead its just endless bloat, bugs & bullshit

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I enjoyed the last call. I praised the caller, his nation, his family - special attention was given to his brats, his religion and his life style. I will relish responding to the next call.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In message , Charles Hope writes

Yes. I usually let them dig a hole by telling me they are aware of faults on my system before asking them to tell me what system I am actually using.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

No.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

My last call lasted 42 minutes and was finally ended by them telling me I needed to see a psychiatrist before putting the phone down on me. That was a result. Strangely I have not had a call for about 6 months so now maybe I'm on some "nutcase" blacklist.

Reply to
CB

The story of Levono BIOS firmware scandal is scary...

Then the case of Win 7 installing Win 10 in the background irrespective of your requests...

Things are getting stupid.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

It isn't installing itself, but it is downloading the upgrade when it wasn't supposed to be doing.

Reply to
Chris French

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Far be it from me to defend M$, but I suspect that when you agreed to the EULA when you first set up Windows on that box, you gave them carte blanche to put what ever they want on it.

Doesn't make it right though.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian