Windows don't latch

Just moved into a house built in 1986. It has horizontal sliding windows with a single lever latch in the center. The windows halves do not close

100% and the latch is very difficult to "lock". You have to really push hard in the window to close them in order to latch it. There is nothing in the vertical window track, nor nothing that seems to be in the way of them closing. Probable just some swelling with age, etc. Question is...Is it advisable to plane off a little off the ends until the latch catches easily. Or are there some other ideas out there.

TIA Bg

Reply to
Bob G

I'd vote no. You need to fix the real problem, not the symptom of the problem. but if you have exhausted all other solutions, then yes.

Reply to
Jo

Oh jeezzzzzz, another flaw in Windows. I'd contact Microsoft and complain. or just get rid of all your Windows and switch to Linux.

Reply to
ß©©ß

Reply to
Shrek

Such a pleasure to get such great - expert advice.

Reply to
Bg