Taking power to a kitchen Island!..

SWMBO in her new kitchen extension has this idea of an Island in the middle which has the sink, dishwasher and a bit of other odd gubbins thereon, and a couple of extra 13 amp outlets on some power pole thing.

Now whilst the drains and water are arranged to go there, the power needs obviously to be tapped onto the kitchen ring main. This is up in the ceiling and as usual drops down where needed to the wall sockets as per normal practice.

However whilst I can take a cable down from the ceiling next to the drain pipe which will be boxed in, in due course, the cabling has to run under the concrete floor slab for a few feet before coming up inside the Island unit.

How would this normally be done?. I don't suppose its the done thing to just lay 2.5 T&E under the floor in the concrete so would it be better to either put in a buried duct in the concrete floor slab, or simpler still use some suitable 2.5 rated (2 lumps off to keep the ring main) SWA direct bury cable?.

Any advice appreciated..

Cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

I'd personally put it in a decent sized duct, to allow for replacement/ expansion. Also simpler to terminate.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thats all I do at work.

Usually I just use a couple of lengths of 20 or 25mm plastic conduit.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'd chuck some cat5 in too.

NT

Reply to
NT

Well you CAN and I HAVE..

Either really.

I'd probably put it in a pipe and then bury that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A big fan somewhere along the edge of the room, pointed towrd a wind turbine mounted on the island? ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

naaah, just get harry to stand next to the turbine and tell you how much he loves his solar panels and thinks this ecobollox is going to save the world, might want to put a heat exchanger there too.. might as well utilise the heat from the hot air as well.

Reply to
Gazz

In message , tony sayer writes

Her kitchen, tell her to sort it. If it doesn't work out it isn't your fault.

Reply to
Bill

you could get about 30W off the hot air that harry produces.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Suitably insulated/protected from the T+E of course.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Just dont put it next to it

NT

Reply to
NT

Harry will be a long shortly to tell you that you missed a K... or an M before the w :)

Reply to
Gazz

Yes.. I think the 30 mm duct will be in place before the week is out;!...

c/w said draw cord....

Reply to
tony sayer