Very small quantity of sand and cement needed

Where can I obtain a very small quantity of sand and cement, just enough to level a single patio slab, which is about 5mm proud in one corner?

MM

Reply to
MM

If anyone else is doing any building work nearby, you could take a bucket and a few cups of tea and some biscuits and ask for a shovelful.

It usually works for me...

especially if I haven't already piled heaps of abuse on them for parking the van across my driveway so I can't get out!

dedics

Reply to
dedics

Time it right towards the end of the afternoon and you might even get some ready mixed from the left overs.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

B&Q.

£3:48 for a 5 kilo ready mixed bag.

The Medway Handyman

>+1 See if you can find one where the packaging isn't split. Not easy with the 25kg size

Reply to
stuart noble

Most of the sheds sell small bags of mortar mix - to which you just need to add water.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Buy a bag at a garden centre. Leave the rest round in a pile over a landmine Watch neighbours cat become several astronauts! Simples!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I need only about 1/2 kilo. About as much as a small bag of sugar.

MM

Reply to
MM

They appear to be around 25kg, which is about 24½kg more than I need.

MM

Reply to
MM

If you really don't want to throw much away, you can spend =A32 more than t= he =A33.48 5Kg bag on a 1.25Kg bag of pointing repair mix at B&Q.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Defribrillator needed ASAP.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Try a smaller shop. I saw bags today of 5Kg and 10Kg. And you probably need more than you think.

Reply to
BartC

If you are thinking of laying a less than 5mm skin of sand and cement mix over a laid floor it probably wont stick, different stuff is needed.

Reply to
F Murtz

I keep a 25kg bag of multi purpose in stock at all times. Indoors too. Gets on SWMBO's nerves of course.

Reply to
stuart noble

The gf still complains about the cement mixer that I keep in the lounge when it's not on loan.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

£3.48 5Kg bag on a 1.25Kg bag of pointing repair mix at B&Q.

I am NOT going to buy more than I need, then throw the rest away!

MM

Reply to
MM

I don't need more than I think. I've done this sort of thing several times over the years. This time it's a slab I bought to raise the step out of the back door a tad. The slab is 59cm x 29cm and is proud by

5mm in one corner that needs to be packed out with a VERY small amount of sand/cement mix.

MM

Reply to
MM

No, the slab (59cm x 29cm) is resting on the actual concrete path outside the back door and is simply there to raise the step slightly. The slab rocks very slightly when I tread on it because there's a 5mm gap in one corner. At present I have whacked a very small wooden wedge under the corner and the slab is now perfectly firm. But the wedge will dislodge over time, which is why I want a more permanent solution with said sand/cement mix. About 1/2kg of it should suffice.

MM

Reply to
MM

Gripfill the bugger.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

£3.48 5Kg bag on a 1.25Kg bag of pointing repair mix at B&Q.

(fx) Stamps foot :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine