Very small quantity of sand and cement needed

MM wrote

Nope, mine arent.

Mine have lasted fine for 40 years and I didnt even bother with sand, just used dirt.
And I walk across it at least once every day too.
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 21:13:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"

But if it's paving the bricks butt up against each other allowing no movement and therefore it's fine for that type of application.
MM

I thought the Pharaohs did pretty well with that.
MM wrote:

Buy a bag at a garden centre. Leave the rest round in a pile over a landmine Watch neighbours cat become several astronauts! Simples!
MM wrote:

If you are thinking of laying a less than 5mm skin of sand and cement mix over a laid floor it probably wont stick, different stuff is needed.
On 07/04/2012 08:20, F Murtz wrote:

I keep a 25kg bag of multi purpose in stock at all times. Indoors too. Gets on SWMBO's nerves of course.
stuart noble wrote:

The gf still complains about the cement mixer that I keep in the lounge when it's not on loan.
--
Adam

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 08:51:31 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
"Adam's invited us round for a mixer, darling."

No, the slab (59cm x 29cm) is resting on the actual concrete path outside the back door and is simply there to raise the step slightly. The slab rocks very slightly when I tread on it because there's a 5mm gap in one corner. At present I have whacked a very small wooden wedge under the corner and the slab is now perfectly firm. But the wedge will dislodge over time, which is why I want a more permanent solution with said sand/cement mix. About 1/2kg of it should suffice.
MM
On 07/04/2012 09:32, MM wrote:

Gripfill the bugger.

On 07/04/2012 09:32, MM wrote:

But nobody sells 1/2 kg, so buy the 5kg size and keep the rest in the dry somewhere for the next time you need 1/2 kg. It won't go bad
Very small quantity of sand
On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 03:35:42 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/cementone-general-purpose-mortar-5kg/36857#_=p
--

Chris

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Pinch it from the beach.

I was going to suggest the local kid's playground
tim

Playpit sand is rounded particles to do least damage in eyes, and probably makes a rather weak mortar as a result.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 11:52:15 UTC, FMurtz wrote:

I thought that was legal
NT
On 04/01/2018 11:52, FMurtz wrote:

Not every country has more than 8 out of 10 people within 50km of a beach :) If the OP's really in Ranchi it could be a long round trip.
--
Robin
On 04/01/18 15:53, Robin wrote:

If he is really in ranchi WTF is he doing posting to uk.d-i-y?
But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
On 04/01/2018 15:53, Robin wrote:

Is there a problem with salt? Would you have to rinse that out very carefully?