Storm Katie

SWMBOs greenhouse destroyed, two fence panels down.

Not as bad as the neighbours, 30 ft brick wall 6 ft high - flattened!

Reply to
David Lang

In message , David Lang writes

Nothing much here. Herts. few twigs scattered, river full and a slate off the barn.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Fences are good (concrete slotted posts) and roofs seem OK.

However, the lid of my recycling bin has totally vanished... It's a mystery.

Reply to
Tim Watts

"A Good day to steal recycling bin lids"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Next door neighbour left his green house door open and one side is now lacking some glass which can be found in the garden of the neighbour further down.

I've lost the lawnmower cover and all of the garden waste/ pruning/clippings that I piled at the bottom of the garden is now at the other end of the garden.

The the 6x6ft fence panels around a commercial property close by have bent in half - all 3 horizontal rails have snapped at the 3 ft point on

3 panels. The concrete posts remain intact.

Surprisingly little damage considering the strength of the wind at times last night

Reply to
alan_m

It rained a bit, Leics.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Two 6' panel fences destroyed. Sadly both separate me from two separate neighbours, both sets of fences with ambiguous ownership :-(.

Local Bentley + JLR dealer had a 200' run of 6' lapped fencing done only last year, with concrete posts, 10' arris rails and overlapped stuff. Backing onto a stream with very sandy, silty subsoil, many of the concrete posts have been tilted about 15% off vertical.

Reply to
Andrew

Where I live the side-lift bin-lorry is the most accomplished thief of hinged-attached wheelie bin lids.

Katie last seen heading for Suffolk.

Reply to
Andrew

Couple of inches of rain. Slightly windy. W. Midlands

Reply to
harry

she's bin and gon!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A few trees down around here, one down the road took out power to a small cluster of houses.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Should be shown on the deeds to your house which side is yours. Round here it is the right hand one looking at the front of the house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Brick wall flat in our local park. Mind you, single brick with double brick piers, and not enough of them. One imagines there are regs if your garden wall backs on to a public footpath. Could have been nasty

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Lovely sunny day. Slight breeze. Nice day for a washing.

Walked to Thorntons and got a £25 Easter egg for £6.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My deeds say I am responsible for the boundary on every side of my site. The deeds of each of my neighbours say they are responsible for the boundaries on every side of their sites.

Reply to
Nightjar

4mm upto midnight + 20mm of rain after + maybe another 6mm during the day, slightly windy here in the extreme east of w. yorks.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Still probably three times what it's worth. Even in Lidl, the packaging weighs more than the egg. Notice they don't give the price per gram of the chocolate. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Easter egg £6, woman chomping chocolate and not bending my lug'ole pricel ess :-)

That's always been the case.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On 28/03/2016 19:27, Nightjar

Do you have (or did the property have previously) ?party fence walls? - ie walls astride the boundary lines?

Reply to
Robin

It does. Bottom of garden shows as mine, but LR shows a double fence with a 5 foot pathway extending the length of 20 houses. This footpath and one of the fences is missing. The original builder ?didn't think it was necessary, so saved themselves the cost of a run of panels, so the right-to-buy owners of the ex-LA properties on the other side also see it as 'theirs'. Result - most of the pure-private houses just maintain it themselves.

2nd fence is to the right as I look out of back door, and originally had 2x6' panels next to the house then 3' chainlink as far as the bottom fence. New FTB neighbours decided to replace (my) chainlink with cheap 6' panels without asking about boundary ownership !. New run of 6 panels are fixed into metposts that were whipping back and forth like dahlias on a windy day. Of the 6, 4 are upside down, and 2 of them are also back-to-front and one is 'attached' to my fence post. When I say attached, they used screws that only went half an inch into the post, so that panel is now flat on the ground, where I suspect it will stay until I do something about it. The FTB neighbours only bought it cheap as a doer-upper and have made £60K profit and effed off.
Reply to
Andrew