Storm Katie

Was it an 'Easter' egg or just a 'Chocolate' egg ?. Easter seems to have been deleted by all the main egg makers.

Reply to
Andrew

Too Pagan by far.

Might upset the Christians...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True. But did you tell her you got it cheap? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't care about the Easter bit, but it better be real chocolate and not 'chocolate'

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

She knows me well enough. :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

SWMBO bought me a real chocolate egg. I didn't realise how high the cocoa content was until I'd eaten too much.

Reply to
Bob Eager

flattened!

Just shows it hardly ever gets properly windy where ever the above is.

Occasional light shower.

What wind?

North Pennines, exposed and at, 1400'. Same down the M6 and in Preston, afternoon in Preston was bright and sunny.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A friend posted a photo on Facebook of a bunch of eggs with no mention of "Easter" on the front. The only thing is that the photo was taken in the

70's.

There has been no banning of "Easter" by Cadbury's or anyone else.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

You should have stamped on that and quickly. Unless on their side of the border - or with your agreement.

Never quite understood the like for high fences all round a small garden. Different, perhaps very close to the house. They make the garden seem even smaller. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or there again, maybe the penny eventually dropped that it's bad business to put a name on something perishable such as chocolate eggs which would immediately render them unsaleable, at full price at least, after a specific date.

The more Easter loses any real meaning, the more chance there is of flogging chocolate eggs all year round; or at least until this years stocks are exhausted.

michael adams

michael adams

Hot cross buns are already year-round.

And better for burglars. I have nothing but a hedge, kept low enough that you can see over it. I feel more secure than if I had a 6' fence.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Which is exactly what happens.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The only known boundary feature remaining since 1931 was one wire mesh fence on concrete pillars. That had the pillars on my side and it was when I replaced that that my neighbour informed me that her deeds said it was hers. I suspect it is simply that the original deeds were badly drafted.

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Same here. Most people seem to assume that every fence is shared.

Reply to
bert

We're left with that assumption. The plans in our deeds have no Ts on boundaries and the narrative is silent.

My green wheelie bin got blown nearly a foot. :-0 black one seemed to stay put.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Then that is the best compromise.

Reply to
bert

I came out of a shared-boundary deal quite well: a neighbour on one side assumed that she own that fence and paid for it when she wanted to replace it; the neighbour on the other side assumed that that side was shared when panels blew down in the wind so I only paid half for repairs to that side. I forget which side the Ts were (and I forget which way to interpret them) but as far as I remember, the two fences that bordered my garden both had T marks so I definitely owned *one* of the two fences!

Reply to
NY

She got lost.

We're a mile from Suffolk, and it wasn't anything special.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris