Storing Carpet

My wife is getting fed up with the rolls of carpet offcuts being stored in the house and wants them moved to the garage. They are 100% Polypropylene (actually

- and I would recommend
) and there is also a length of Cloud 9 underlay. How should I protect these offcuts for storage in an unheated, fairly damp garage?

Reply to
Stephen Gower

Industrial cling-film, keep them raised on bits of 4x2 wrapped in same, cover with a cheap plastic tarpaulin.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In that case they are entirely plastic. Store them anyway you like, nothing much will happen to them. I've known of 100% polyprop carpets being hosed down in the garden to clean them.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Clean, new carpet, ok. Carpet that's been used at all is much trickier to store, as normal wear will have impregnated them with a layer of food for mould. Removing that is tricky later.

Reply to
Ian Stirling