Spur shelving with single line of slots - where to buy?

Hi, I'm trying to locate some of the metal shelving system with steel brackets that slot into vertical steel strips you screw to the wall. Spur and Elfin are two brand names. I can only seem to find the double-slot stuff like this:

I want is the version with only a single line of slots - not double. Is it still made? Who stocks it? Can I order it online anywhere?

TIA,

Drake

Reply to
Drake

IKEA

(Sorry - you might have to join up the long URL)

Reply to
atticus

I've never seen this. I've seen it in aluminium, but not in steel. If you over-load the aluminium, then there's also a nasty failure where the top lug on the bracket fails - not hard to do either.

I assume that the difference is because of the need to manufacture the brackets with a wide top, and thus differently. Aluminium can be extruded as a T section but steel would need to be folded. A U, asymmetric L or even a Z section is possible, but not a simple T for a simple central slot.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

for business yet, and the nearest Ikea store is more than 100 miles from me, so I'm still looking...

Thanks anyway,

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Yes, I know the alloy stuff, and yes, it is much weaker than the steel stuff. The steel is about 1/8" thick so it's plenty strong.

Drake

Reply to
Jake

Nearer 1/16" actually, but it's still very good. Spur went out of business a few years ago, but most places (B&Q, Screwfix et al) sell compatible twin slot stuff - I must admit that I haven't seen your single-slot stuff for a while.

I've never had failures with pseudo (or real) Spur "double-slot" bracketry carrying zillions of books, amplifiers, turntables and so on

- even a large CRT gryrivfvba set at one time (on 24" (or thereabouts) brackets)!

Reply to
Frank Erskine