Something to stop leaves going down downpipe

Looking for something to stop leaves going down downpipes. Googled for "leaf catcher" with not much luck. Any suggestions?

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

================================== Google for 'gutter guards' for a wide selection.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I was thinking more of a fitting to go into the top of the downpipe.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

Various options (watch the word-wrap):

Gutter syphons are readily googlable, eg:

Can't vouch for whether they work OK, and clearly they won't stop guttering blocking up, just the downpipe.

Conventional solution is mesh to cover gutter:

Or just a downpipe leaf guard:

Came across the following recently, which look quite good although I'v not tried it: it's supposed to stop the problem of leaves collecting *on top* of the mesh:

hth David

Reply to
Lobster

Anybody ever seen a half round DOWNPIPE surely the water would fall out :-)

John

Reply to
John

I just crumpled some chicken wire into a ball and pushed down into the pipe.

Don.

Reply to
cerberus