Slight OT - Cost of a Garden Outbuilding

Folks,

My brother has a garden with an old stone walled, slate roofed, brick fronted outbuilding at the bottom. It's not very big, only six foot high at the eaves, with four knackered doors each concealing a storage area about three foot wide by eight deep.

One of his neighbours owns and has access rights to the left-most door. He has to come through my brother's garden to use it. It would be nice if he sold it to my brother, and I'm told that the impression is if the price is right he will sell.

Anyone have an idea of what a good price to offer is? My brother's house is an undistinguished 1890's terraced cottage, not in the best spot ( garden is between two fairly busy roads, village is not sought after ), worth about £100,000. Area is southwest.

My brother doesn't want to offer too much, what do the team think would be a ballpark starting price? I figured the way to go would be the land price, maybe 25 square feet, plus something for the structure ( or part thereof ), I guessed at £500-£1,000. Any ideas?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

|Folks, | | My brother has a garden with an old stone walled, slate roofed, brick |fronted outbuilding at the bottom. It's not very big, only six foot high at |the eaves, with four knackered doors each concealing a storage area about |three foot wide by eight deep. | |One of his neighbours owns and has access rights to the left-most door. He |has to come through my brother's garden to use it. It would be nice if he |sold it to my brother, and I'm told that the impression is if the price is |right he will sell. | |Anyone have an idea of what a good price to offer is? My brother's house is |an undistinguished 1890's terraced cottage, not in the best spot ( garden is |between two fairly busy roads, village is not sought after ), worth about |?100,000. Area is southwest. | |My brother doesn't want to offer too much, what do the team think would be a |ballpark starting price? I figured the way to go would be the land price, |maybe 25 square feet, plus something for the structure ( or part thereof ), |I guessed at ?500-?1,000. Any ideas?

Your local Estate Agent will know. Mine gave me the price for a bit of land for *free*.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop