Sizing aircon

What size (split) aircon do I need for a 7m x 8m x 2.5m north facing bedroom?

Reply to
Huge

No off-topic s**te here if you please. This group is solely for discussing the Referendum.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

ROFL

Reply to
Huge

Bloody hell - Chez Huge is a bit of a mansion!

Reply to
Tim Watts

;-)

Reply to
Tim Watts

No point in getting up early for 41 years and not reaping the benefits.

Reply to
Huge

+1 to that :)
Reply to
Tim Watts

It sorta depends on where the unwanted heat is coming from. A north facing window should not be producing much solar gain so you will have to work out where the heat is coming from. Maybe it is through the ceiling? extra loft insulation might help at source.

Do you have solar PV? I use some of my excess PV to reduce the temperature of one of our living rooms during the day so that it is more comfortable in the evening. If you get a reversible unit (even if you don't want heating) it will only attract 5% vat cos it is deemed to be green.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I used 12k btu for a 6.5m x 6,5m slightly insulated (walls and ceiling) northside garage, It hits 80F at -30F outside, after a couple of hours when heating. It is claimed to be about 3.6KW of heating. Never measured the cooling performance, but found it adequate. The lounge one( better insulated) South facing with 3m x 2.5m of glass hits 70F when cooling, after a a similar time period when it's 85F outside in full sun. Again 12k btu. Lounge double glazed. Front window 3m x 1.5m. If she keeps the door shut!!! Used mainly for top up heating year round.

Reply to
Capitol

a 7m by 8 m BEDROOM!

You could fit my whole flat in that

tim

Reply to
tim...

VBG

Reply to
ARW

It rather depends on what you might be doing in there.

Reply to
polygonum

Hot sex?

No, its Huge.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I lived in tiny shitholes once, too.

Reply to
Huge

He's so huge that he needs that big a bedroom, silly.

Or so poor that the entire harem needs to be squeezed into a single bedroom, in which case he is unlikely to need much in the way of an aircon.

Reply to
Jack Samuel

"and when Sir Henry broke a fast, you cursed double glazing"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I like my tiny shithole, because it is MY tiny shithole :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I can beat that on length - mine covers the entire top floor of the house, wall to wall, but not as wide. So about 9.2 x 4.5 at the widest point, with a dogleg for the staircase. The aircon unit I have was liberated from an edit suite which was being refurbished - it's the sort of square type that fits flush in the ceiling, with the external heat exchanger on the flat roof. I'm can't remember the exact rating but something like

25,000 btu/hr. It's certainly enough to get the temperature down by the time I go to bed on all but the very hottest days.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And Casa Huge is all mine, too.

Reply to