Aircon Dilema

Hello All

I bought an Aircon unit (Not the DIY fit ones, apparently) and installed it without any problems apart from the fact that the aircon condensation pipe was not long enough. Cut a long story short I paid for and got the company to send me a length of pipe to fit to the provided stub pipework, however when it arrived it did not fit the pipe. Even though they insisted it did fit, it did not!!! you'd think I'b be able to push two pipes together by now. Anyway becuase I ended up cutting the end of the pipe work from the aircon unit down a bit (becuase it got knackered with me trying to fit the pipes together) and apparently removing the adapter that was supposed to fit into my new pipe they now refuse to help me even though I told them the pipes would not fit beforehand.

I am now stuck with pipes that wont fit together and everything I have tried has resulted in a leak. Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can fit these two pipes togehter. The pipes are near enough the same diameter as each other. I have tried a bit of hose to join the two but the hose was slightly too big.

Anyway any bright ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard

What is the pipe made of, and what is its internal/external diameter?

Reply to
Grunff

jubilee clips ?

Reply to
Vass

aircon

think

ended

pipes

Plastic pipe or metal ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes had thought of that. The hose was slightly too big to fit inside one of the pipes but nowhere near big enough to fit around the outside of it where I could of clipped it. Thanks R

Reply to
Richard

indoor aircon unit is much more pliable than the extension pipe and is corrugated. The extension pipe is also corrugated but different, more solid and tighter, very hard to explain!

Cheers

Richard

On 24 May 2007 04:36:54 -0700, Richard mused:

Bit of copper\plastic pipe between the 2 and some jubilee clips. Between air con suppliers, caravan places, the internet and plumbers merchants there is pretty much an infinite range of pipe sizes available.

Reply to
Lurch

A piece of 6mm copper pipe and a couple of jubilee clips seem to be what's needed.

Reply to
Grunff

I have bought corrugated plastic pipe by mail order and it has arrived with the corrugations very close together making the pipe almost 2/3 the length that I bought. It pulls apart leaving you with the more normal looking pipe with about 1" between corrugations. This wouldn't be the problem would it ? I think it odd the manufacturer would supply the wrong one.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cross

Richard

Reply to
Richard

an offcut might be more appropriate.

Reply to
Grunff

Something like...

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

1V=ADQQcmdZViewItem>

Or:

might be better, if the corrugated hose really is 6mm not 1/4" the above might not fit that well.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

No thats not the problem. Apparently they didn't send the wrong one and said they have installed thousands of units with the same pipe. However I know for fact that it did not fit and so did my neighbour cos we spent buggering 40 minutes trying to attach them. I reckon the end of the pipe on the unit got mis shaped somehow.

By the way I forgot to give the company some advertising that they so rightly deserve - ECO AIR - absolutely useless and no help at all. I don't reckon much to the unit either really looks pretty poor quality all round really. I guess you pay for what you gets, steer clear is my advice.

Thank all for your help. I managed to source some plastic pipe I found in my shed and got some jubilees, just running it now.

Cheers

Reply to
Richard

Are you sure that it isn't a replacemnt pipe rather than an extension? Maybe it fits where the existing one fits so there aren't any joints?

Reply to
dennis