Shower woes

Morning all...just had the unpleasant experience of having the shower go dead on me as I was standing there soaking wet, hair covered in shampoo. Light is showing at the on/off pull cord switch showing that power is coming in OK - but shower unit itself has no lights showing - it usually has a red light on marked power when on....no light showing next to the low pressure or the service buttons.- it's a Mira Advance model, about 5 years old if that helps.

Any advice welcome for stoney broke family of four who NEED a working shower.

TIA

Reply to
ejl

OK.....half an hour on and darned thing is now working again...should I worry about this and call a plumber or should I put it down to gremlins in teh system and forget it?

Reply to
ejl

In article , ejl writes

Since you say the power light on the unit went out, it's an electrician you want, not a plumber. And with the current drawn by electric showers, a loose connection is Not A Good Thing.

It may have simply overheated and cut out (though looking out the window this morning, I rather doubt it). But you would be wise to have someone who knows what they are doing give it the once-over.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I had exactly the same problem a few months ago with a shower made by Triton. I replaced the heater thermostat and it worked great for about 10 mins then stopped again. Contacting the nice technical chap at Triton, he told me that it was the water inlet valve that was at fault. If, when this goes faulty then it cuts the water off and also the power. Purchased new one, fitted it and believe it or not, the shower works better now than when I first purchased it.

Hope that gives you a few good pointers.

-- troubleinstore Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap Personal mail can be sent via website.

my auction items on eBay & eBid:-

troubleinstore

Thanks very much for the pointer...was it easy to fit? Husband is good with DIY but not much electrical experience.

Reply to
ejl

electrician

I didn't need to bother with the electrics, it was just a case of using a screwdriver to take a few screws out the held the regulator and slip the inlet valve out. You obviously have to disconnect the water inlet pipe as well.