Shower Curtains

Are there any tricks for cleaning shower curtains easily? Is the best way simply to stick them in the washing macine? John In limine sapientiae

Reply to
John Edgar

Yes on a cool soap wash. Iron with a cool iron to restore/maintain imperbeability

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Whoa there! Too much information!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I agree. I did it yesterday (I do it frequently). You'll be amazed at how much less the curtain weighs after washing out all the dried soap and other deposits.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I have never had the guts to risk putting a plastic sheet into a hot washing machine! Though I think some people do it... I have always had perfect results by taking the curtain down, laying it into the bath with about 2" of hot water and flash / other cleaning product and then scrubbing it with a scrubbing brush. You have to move the curtain about a bit to get it all done, but it works a treat!

Reply to
Cuprager

I was, I guess, referring to the usual (now) plasticised fabric curtains, not solid plastic ones (if these are available). Scrubbing would get them cleaner though.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

er ... ?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh - I'm sorry if I misled. I didn't think about plastic curtains. Ours are woven nylon. Yes I know it's a form of plastic.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If they are machine washable, Ariel works well.

Reply to
Robo

You know, the deposits you make at a very special bank

Reply to
Old Bill

Just done my plastic curtains in the machine on cool temp, but they still come out slimey, so I need to wipe all the slime off. Why is the slime always pink in colour?

Reply to
Adrian Boliston

I do use telephone banking but not in the shower ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I don't know, why is the slime always pink in colour?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Probably the same reason the fluff in the tumble drier is always bluey purple, but I don't know why that is either...

David

Reply to
Lobster

But why not? On a conventional wash with a biological detergent, the water is going to be about the same temperature as the water in the shower! (or the 2" of hot water you're scrubbing it in)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Can we have less of this talk of banking in the shower: there may be minors present.

8-|
Reply to
John Stumbles

Um. I suspect I might be coming to an understanding ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

ah - and no matter what colours of plasticene you have it always ends up brown ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Its the protein in the "deposits" reacting with the detergent..

Glows under UV light too ...

Reply to
Old Bill

Like dandruff?