OTish: Curtains

Quite an impressive building:

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in buildings like this?

Reply to
RJH

Build it on a hillside so only the top two floors are visible from the street, with three more floors going down the hillside and facing into a ravine ... apparently

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe they've got LCD windows. I've just found you can buy the film and retrofit it to existing windows, apparently.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

Just what Tim needs for his bathroom door :-)

Reply to
News

I've seen double-glazed windows with micro venetian blinds built in to them - quite invisible when open, completely private when closed.

Reply to
S Viemeister

and nonfunctional after a while. And a display of lots of broken blinds isn't that great.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They sleep with their clothes on? grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

...only if the users are clumsy. Should be ok in a home environment.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Another f*****g architect designed, unlivable in glass box. Surprised it didn't feature in Grand Designs. Seems perfect for that programme. Looks like total shit, will be fit for demolition in ten years.

Noted it sold for less than the building cost. Which shows how truely horrid it is.

Reply to
harry

I've only seen one such setup, and more of the blinds were broken than not. It looked crap. I don'k know how well they had been treated but with that many failures IRL I'd not choose such a design.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In message , Brian-Gaff writes

We often don't bother with closing curtains on the back window of the bedroom. Though we are in the middle of the village our back isn't overlooked

Reply to
Chris French