Shower base scum - cleaning off

This may occur on other shower base types but ours is quarry tiles and has built up recently (change of shampoo type perhaps?) a whitish deposit on the tiles which is soft enough to scrape off but doesn't, according to HID, respond to the normal range of cleaners.

Any suggestion please - thanks in advance

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Either body fat or limescale. I suspect the latter, get some Lime Lite or similar.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ban soap. Only use liquid shower gels (Sanex is good). It will improve things and save a lot of cleaning.

Reply to
John

Dave - thanks for replying. I suspect that that would be the solution where you are but we are just outside Edinburgh and the water is soft and contains no lime. I would have also thought that a lime deposit would be a bit harder than what we're getting.

The trouble is that the tiles used (don't know if you can get them now) are the quarry type that are smooth on one side - used in the hall - and knobbly on the other - used in the shower area so you don't slip (which you then do if you come out with wet feet into the hall !!). Anyway the build up is between the knobbles so either needs to be removed mechanically or chemically.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Karcher job, it seems

Reply to
Emil Tiades

Hmm - yes I hadn't thought of that. Good one, ta.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham