Shower Base

Will be tiling shower walls and am considering using either an acylic (Amertech) base or a solid surface base such as Swanstone. Any other ideas, or opinions on these? Will not use tiles on floor though.

TIA

Reply to
RML

Long ago I never thought I would say this, I think the well made acrylic base will serve you well.

Ours is 15 years old with no problems.

Just don't break any of the lips as you install or secure it.

Reply to
Colbyt

I redid a bathroom a year ago or so and used the swanstone. I'm very happy with it. I did the whole bathroom myself except for the base. I had a plumber put it in a bed of concrete so I wouldn't have any flex to it. I'm a big guy.

I also tiled my shower walls after putting in the proper backer board. Where is you're drain opening? Are you swapping out an old tub? If you're going from a tub combo to a shower you'll need to raise the control valve as well. I was going to use the swanstone on the walls as well but that gets pricey. I was able to find nice tile and it ened up 'looking' like a more expensive job..

Reply to
in2dadark