shower drain off centered in concrete

When I stubbed in a 2" pipe for a shower drain I got it off about

3/4". The shower tub fits down over the 2" pipe, but it is off centered in the hole. Does anyone have any advice for solving this problem?
Reply to
Rick Hurd

Is this in a basement and the stub is already buried in concrete?

Is this the 2nd floor and the ceiling has been repaired already?

Can the shower base be moved that much?

How much of a Mickey Mouse fix are you willing to settle for?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Remove the concrete from around the drain pipe. Not easy, but the best way. Most builders when putting in plumbing for a basement showwer drain do not cement the pipe in place. When the concrete is poured a small box is formed in around the pipe. This way the pipe can be moved slightly when installing the shower. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

The shower tub will fit up against an existing block wall on the back and one side.

I thought of one way so far to solve my problem, and would appreciate any feedback on it.

I thought was to raise the shower tub enough to allow for the drain to be diverted. I am thinking that I could set it on treated 2"x4"

Reply to
Rick Hurd

Is it the Oatey drain fitting, like:

has a rubber ring you "calk" into place from above.

You may be able to "modify" (file/ream)the inside diam of the fitting to move the center further over. Then, instead of their rubber calk ring, pack the junction with silicone caulk.

'nother possibility is a rubber "Mission" coupling:

is the style with 2 hose clamps but no stainless band. They will flex quite a bit. You'll need a short stub of 2" PVC on top of the Mission coupling to fit in the Oatey drain. Could be ticklish to get the Oatey calk ring in place... Maybe an automotive radiator hose-the kind which has pre-formed bend molded in.

You can't use std PVC fittings to offset this because the offset is only 3/4".

Other than chopping the floor (as suggested by someone else), I can't think of more options.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim