Shower and low water pressure

I have a flat on the 9th floor of a block and suffer from intermittant low water pressure.

I have an electric shower (8?kw) which therefore works ok at times, and is cold at times. I suspect the feed is from a tank on the roof (10th floor) and we suffer low pressure, esp. at peak times.

Would it make sense to pump hot water from the immersion heater to the shower?

Thanks

John

Reply to
John G

I'm not *quite* sure what you're saying. A cold electric shower usually results from too *high* a pressure - resulting in cold water flowing through it at too fast a rate to be heated as it passes through.

But if you have a supply of stored hot water and a shower pump you'll get a much better shower than you'll ever get with an electric one. Throw a way the electric shower and install a decent power shower. You'll need a cold feed from the header tank as well, of course - so that your new shower can mix hot and cold to achieve the desired temperature.

Reply to
Set Square