should I skim this wall ?

See attached image. The gap is about a foot long and 1cm at its widest. Should I level off just now (I have some one coat) before tiling or take up the difference with the tile adhesive? The wood is straight it is the wall that is out of plumb.

ss

pic not showing. If you're tiling over it it doesn't matter. Plaster, cement, tile adhesive, it's all good.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You need to determine which bit is bent, wall or batten. Flat tiles don't go well on to uneven surfaces. (The corners stand proud, looks a mess) If it's the wall to be tiled that is bent, you need to add more plaster skim to flatten it off.. Wet the wall with PVA/water mix and mix up the plaster with PVA/water as well to get good adhesion.

Or use Plyfilla

Reply to
harry