Securing a stud wall to concrete floor

Can anybody recommend what's the best way to secure a stud wall to a concrete floor where the DPC isn't too far from the surface. I don't want to pierce the DPC with a hammer in bolt unless there's some way of sealing it again as the ground is definitely wet underneath.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Mike

Drill it and use something awterproof. Eg epoxy resin and stainless screw.

Or if you want a quick corner cutting approach, just use no more nails all along - I'd drill and fix tho.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Butter it with poly resin, eg the injectable stuff.

Reply to
Steve Walker

My friend recently had to do this. He used gripfill. Loads of it. I was sceptical, but it feels very secure.

Reply to
WJJ

You could use small angle brackets on either side on the bottom timber rail. So use smaller screws to secure it in place.

Reply to
BigWallop

I suppose in principle going just half an inch deep would be enough in crete for a soleplate. Once the uprights are in place it would become secure. You could do that going straight thru the timber.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Especially if you ensure that the studs have a good interference (wedge) fit; i.e. they are very slightly longer than the distance between the top and bottom timbers, and have to be tapped in to bring them vertical

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks for all the suggestions. The stud wall is in a barn and won't be reaching the roof so I need a firm footing (and some 90 deg corners). I think the injectable epoxy sounds the right route so I'll get some of that today.

Reply to
Mike

Sticking down the bottom timber to the concrete with an epoxy adhesive seems so obviously the best solution that I wonder at any others being proferred.

Remember, Araldite became successful because it was used to stick the wings onto deHavilland Mosquitoes during WWII.

Reply to
Brian {Hamilton Kelly}