SE or other walkman camera orange payg phone

[Apologies for OT post to diy]

Quick heads up please - looking for a walkman camera mobile on orange payg for sprog. I've got a Sony-Ericsson w810i and he says he'd like something like that, but I'm guessing it's been superseded since it's about 18 months old and the prices where I can find them are higher than I paid for mine a year and a half ago. Current recommendations?

Reply to
John Stumbles

You might find this site helpful:

have the W810i too - an excellent phone, as recommended by the above site. If you look at their review of the 810i they have some recommendations as to a replacement.

Stephen Howard

I happen to have a brand new boxed SE W350 if you're interested?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sorry, didn't I mention bulletproof? ;-)

He's a teenager and I just know that flip flap'll flop on him so thanks but I'll pass on the W350.

Reply to
John Stumbles

And you think the other is bullet proof . Just wait until he sits down with it in his pocket and a set of keys cracks the lcd screen or he drops it on the floor ..same result.Better off with a clam like one like a 300i was .

Reply to
fictitiousemail

No, but he's not interested in his gran's old Nokia :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

Who mentioned a Nokia ...whats that got to do with it ?

Reply to
fictitiousemail

I've done that lots of times with my W810i - gets a bit scratched but it's still going. You can polish the screen - or simply fit a replacement, it's easy enough. I've had a few flip phones ( two Motorolas and a Sony ) - they all broke.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Mine (W910i) cracked on both occasions not just scratched ( I've got a screen protector for that ) .Luckily the replacements on Ebay are only about £13 and easy to replace.

Reply to
fictitiousemail

I'd recommend the ultra-thin stainless thing W880i. I admit I might be biased though as I've got one on eBay:

's a new handset/battery (replaced under warranty) and now surplus to requirements following a contract upgrade.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton