Reactivate an old Orange account.

I have an old orange PAYG account for a mobile phone. It still has money in it, but has been suspended due to inactivity., I do not have the phone to which it applies either so no sim card.

I would like to get the number back and reactivate this for my new phone as the provider that I have a sim for, for that, does not work where I am.

How do I go about it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME with EE, which is now Orange, the number is discontinued and you're unlikely to get it back. Unless you had the right sort of account with Orange, you've lost the money also. Just buy a 1 2 3 sim from EE and go on from there. A dual sim phone is useful under these circumstances.

Reply to
Capitol

uk.telecom.mobile is this way >>>>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You forget about it.

There is more chance of a 16 year old blonde virgin with nice pert 36C t*ts begging you to shag her than there is of you getting back your old phone number from Orange.

Reply to
ARW

This really is one of those times when you'd be a lot better off phoning EE than wasting time on Usenet.

I agree with the above but it's just remotely possible that given the number, the account could be reactivated. Then you just need to ask for a new sim.

It is a *very* slim chance though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

_Very_ remote possibility.

What's more likely, is that the remaining credit can be transferred to a new SIM (with a new number). I was able to recover the remaining credit on a SIM which had been used by my daughter, a year or two after it was last used. The number couldn't be recovered, but they transferred the credit for me, to a different number.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Always assuming the number hasn't been reallocated yet, of course.

Reply to
Adrian

Even if Orange/EE have/had a record of your name and address against that number you'll probably still have a battle on your hands. If they should have a name and address linked to the number give them a call and see what they'd want as proof of ID and if it's possible to get the number made active on a new EE PAYG SIM.

Is the phone unlocked? If not you'll need to get it unlocked from its current network so you can put in an EE SIM and have it work.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It can be possible to roll an Orange PAYG number forward to an EE PAYG account. I did this for a relative with a useful amount of credit on the Orange number (both the number and the credit were transferred to the EE account). However the Orange number hadn't been discontinued for lack of use.

As others have suggested, ask EE, though I found asking in an EE shop more useful than listening to their on-hold music.

Reply to
Graham Nye

The "inactivity" timeouts vary by provider not only what happens at each timeout and the periods involved and the orginal contract but also how rigidly they are enforced...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It was bought simless so guess its unlocked

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher