SDS drills around £100?

On 13/01/2013 10:56, Dom Ostrowski wrote: But in its main job - driving 22 and 32mm

32mm? 'kinell. What's the application?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I mostly use it for making big holes.

Actually I can't remember what I originally bought it for, but several times I've drilled through masonry, and lined the hole with plastic overflow or barrier pipe. Then run multiple cables through, with room to add another cable in future if necessary.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

That with SDS masonry bit though and not a core bit... You can also usually get a bit more out of them than the official spec that needs to be a tad conservative.

OOI, What did they charge for the half day?

Reply to
John Rumm

Seems by the look of it there're making some stuff now in China ...

However I've just bought a Makita 4350CT jigsaw the 720 watt one and it's made in the UK of all places!..

Its from what I've used it for thus far a fine unit, feels very solid and "industrial" certainly better then the Bosch one it replaces.

The only thing I can fault it on is the case is a bit on the flimsy side that could have been better.

Maybe there trying to compete on price and thats probably not the way to go....

Reply to
tony sayer

where from & how much plse?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

prices and service:)!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Just to follow up: I grabbed the Bosch from Screwfix on Sunday as I had to get on with things. At first go, it seems pretty good, with plenty of punch for a lightweight SDS and looks quite solidly built.

A couple of trivial niggles were that one of the clips on the case lost a bit of plastic catch when I first opened it (that might have been because of the way it was closed previously - Screwfix always open the to check the content) but it still seems to close OK. Also, I can't see any indication of the 3-year Bosch warranty that Sfx claim in their advertising. Will ask them when I'm next there.

Reply to
GMM

Have a look here:

polygonum

service begins on the date of purchase. More information can be found in the relevant warranty conditions or terms and conditions of participation."

So I strongly suggest you do NOT leave it until next time you happen to be in SF.

Reply to
polygonum

Thanks for that. Though I'm sure I shall be there very soon, now I know what to do and will deal with it tonight. A pity it's not mentioned anywhere with the drill, though I probably should have thought to look it up myself...

Reply to
GMM