SDS and Screwfix

MrRum beat ya to it.

Reply to
George

Fast, but nothing special as I said.

The TE72 (now replaced by the 76) is a 7kg beast in a different category altogether.

Decent power, but blinkin heavy and no reverse...

Not what the OP was looking for by a long shot.

Ah, moving focus again I see. You can drill 6.5mm masonry holes pretty damn fast with any SDS - couple of secs tops.

Hmmm.

Whatever. Hardly relevant though is it? Their 2kg class SDS drills are still "average".

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes.

You may find some places that will bundle a conventional 3 jaw chuck as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Matt, what don't you understand about a 5 year guarantee? How many years do you think it is?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The key word is "fast".

The OP is not looking for £130 Makitas either.

Not as fast a Hilti non-SDS battery drill.

I would say above average and unbustable compared to the "popular" makes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Are you seriously suggesting that a Hilti non-SDS battery drill can outperfom an SDS drill? In what? Yorkshire Pudding?

What an arse.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

>>> So is this a good deal if I upped the money?

Isn't the Screwfix 'Site' machine the old 2450 in a different colour? If so, at £115 less the £10 voucher its very close to the EBAY deal of £90 + £10 postage.

Agree about the Wickes SDS, actually a superb machine. When I bought mine it was over £40 less than tha Makita, now its about the same I'd probably make a different purchasing decision. Can't knock the Wickes machine mind.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes. It is clear you have not tried one or even heard of Hilti.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Drivel just quotes "masonry". I keep thinking there might be some difference between lightweight blocks and engineering bricks but they are obviously all the same to him.

Reply to
Rod

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

So why did you recommend that he does?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Better deal and product. Boy are you dumb!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can you give me the link please MH. I cannot find it on the screwfix site. Thanks

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Go to your nearest Wickes branch. Two grey SDS drills in the Professional range - the 5 year guarantee jobs. One £90-£100, the other around £110.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

The only dumbass is the one who recommends someone to buy something from a place that doesn't sell it.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I mentioned before - it does look *exactly* like the 2450, and Screwfix have in the past claimed they were made by Makita. What is unknown is if there have been any other changes. I would say there is a fair chance it is exactly the same.

Reply to
John Rumm

Wickes sell paint as well (of a kind). That's no more relevant than their private labelled power tool products to someone intending to shop at Screwfix.

Reply to
Andy Hall

John

Where are these on the Screwfix site? I cannot seem to find them.

Reply to
Samantha Booth

George

Where is the DeWalt deal on Screwfix please?

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Right before you all get completely fed up with me I have narrowed it down to two. Ebay item number 260250682710

And this from Screwfix. I know there is a price difference but I havent a clue which one is better. I get 10% off he sf one

begin 666 rtCurve.gif M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[\[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1

35( Y8PF[#H)QTG$N>SIH5@``.P`` ` end
Reply to
Samantha Booth