Screwfix special offer drill press

?id=51007&slotName=FEATURE&homeRef=home&ts=17748&destination=../cat/pro.jsp%3Fid%3D51007%26slotName%3DFEATURE%26homeRef%3DhomeWorth having for £50?

(Sorry about the URL...)

Reply to
Huge

I see it is in the stock clearance section - looks good to me. If I didn't already have 2 pillar drills I might have been tempted.....

Have you heard about

?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Not my problem, John.

Reply to
Huge

Then why apologise for it?

Reply to
Fishter

I got the joke after a double take ;-)

Colin

Reply to
Colin M

It's £100 in the catalogue. So if it's already in the clearance list, then what's wrong with it ?

Although at that price, the temptation is obviously to buy it and try it.

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Saw one in the Axminster catalogue this evening - £44.94. Ref CCD12L.

Pop

Reply to
PoP

That's not a sliding or swivelling head though - and the CCRD is £150ish

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That was my thinking.

Reply to
Huge

snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote in news:blfi6q$b2i$ snipped-for-privacy@anubis.demon.co.uk:

Isn't 350W a bit underpowered?

I'm tempted though.

Must fight the temptation. SWMBO would not be a happy bunny.

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

Other vertical drills in this range seem to be quoted as 500W, so it may be a bit underpowered.

However it's a bit relative really. If you usually drill holes with small bits then 350W is probably fine.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Dunno. That's why I'm asking!

[AOL]
Reply to
Huge

Drilling doesn't take much power, but some bits can need substantial torque (you can always slow down). Although 1/2HP isn't generous, I'd expect transmission slippage to be the actual limit, not stalling the motor.

My morticer is a direct-drive 1/2HP motor and I can easily stall it. OTOH, I quite like this sometimes, because it's preferable to a snatch-and-grab

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley