Screwfix Rads

I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the

300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being the longest . Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable price?
Reply to
NOSPAMnet

We got a good supplier through these people

They have been around for a few years now, and have some good deals. Worth a try, eh.

Reply to
BigWallop

Any plumbers merchant. I bought mine from a small merchant who didn't have room to hold any stock, and since they ordered direct from the manufacturer, you could have any size the manufacturer did next day (or same day if you ordered before 8am). You could have any other size made up in about a week. I ordered some triple panel ones with bottom entry connectors (didn't want valves and pipework visible on the sides). I thought they would be special order, but they are standard items at the manufacturers and were delivered next day.

Places like screwfix tend to pick a limited number of sizes to stock, far fewer than the manufacturers routinely make.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You know, I quoted this morning for a 1500x600 rad. I expected them to be in the Screwfix book, but as you say, they only go up to 1200. These look to be around the cheapest from a quick Gooogle:

Though I'd think my local (large) Plumbers Merchant (Pochins in Leicester) would be cheaper. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Toolstation?

Reply to
John Stumbles

Currently looking for radiators too and I can confirm, this outfit appears to be cheapest I've found for the wider sizes. Places like Screwfix and B&Q do offer much cheaper radiators at smaller sizes but as the original poster found out, they don't do the big ones.

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Their website is a bit weird. Tried to look at Gerkros 500mm High Double Convector Radiators and it listed everything except radiators!

I'm going to see what price the plumber can get before comitting.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Been there, done that and the answer is "No"... as another posted

is the best I've found and they are ~20% more expensive than ScrewFix & B&Q. But these guys shift big bulk and probably get excellent discounts.

eBay is even worse!!

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson