Screwfix Rads and Bleed Keys

Anyone had any Screwfix Rads delivered recently ..The last couple I have had ( The ones marked FIX) have not had a Bleed Key in the wee bag of stuff you get ...(screws,wallplugs,blanking plugs etc ) . No great problem as I have one already ( and possible others hiding somewhere) but more than one is useful . At least you can use a screwdriver with the bleed valves they supply . Anyone experienced this ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Me.

I have never had a bleed key supplied with a radiator.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That's odd...they definitely included them in the first two I ordered ...I can only find one of them ,of course :-)

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I don't recall getting any with previous rad orders from SF either - but to be fair I have not ordered any for a few years.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've bought radiators from two different plumbers merchants (not SF though). Likewise, none came with keys.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

People have become spoiled since we had plugs fitted to electrical appliances!!!

Reply to
John

Stelrad always used to include them but it's been five years since I last bought any.

Reply to
Mike

I bought 6 radiators from ScrewFix about 8-9 months ago, they didn't come with keys.

Reply to
Toby

Mebbe I was just lucky with the first 2 I got then .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I've bought a couple from SF that came with a crappy plastic one

Reply to
Richard Conway

How very true. People are discouraged from doing _any_ "technical" tasks (not only fitting plugs), and we wonder why youngsters have no interest nowadays in engineering as a profession/occupation.

So-called (by the local media) "cutting-edge technology" taught in schools is largely really just typing, database entry and desktop publishing.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yup....at last ..someone who got keys with SF rads .Yeah that's the ones they were sending out .I've since found a brass one I had so that's two at least I have handy .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

It calls to mind a RF engineer who I used to work with, who had the habit of referring (in jest) to all the software engineers as "typists". Sadly it seems, that appraisal may be getting closer to the truth!

Reply to
John Rumm