Screwfix Rads Damage

I recall reading on here a long time ago about folk getting rads delivered from S/Fix and they had damage . The last one I got was ,iirc,not boxed .I got one this morning and altho' they now have a different name the instructions look excatly the same .Anyway it was in a big box and seemed well protected but the end panels had some bent bits and one of the brackets on the rad had clearly taken a hit .The latter isn't a problem but the end panels are clearly more noticeable and on one the enamel is cracked .I don't anticipate any problem getting the panels replaced but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this ....I certainly don't want the whole rad replaced as there is no guarantess it won't be damaged but I'm two floors up and they are heavy ...:-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

I think it's down to the carrier ScrewFix uses. I bet they leave the warehouse in perfect condition, but are bashed to hell when they reach you. A call to ScrewFix to arrange a pick up and delivery for a whole new one, me thinks. Don't be frightened or embarrassed about wanting it changed, you are paying for it to be perfect, and it should be. It also lets ScrewFix know what the carriers are up to, and so make things better in the future.

Reply to
BigWallop

Just a couple of minutes ago I called SF and explained the problem .First offer was to arrange a collection of the old one and a replacement but I explained that there was no guarantee that the new one wouldn't have some damage and not necessarily the same damage ..I explained that it had to be carried up two flights of stairs as well which I was not anxious to repeat .The girl was insistent that it was all or nothing and they couln't just replace the panels. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and,of course,got the usual response of " But they'll just say the same thing" but I persisted and off she went to find someone ...came back a few minutes later having spoken to Product Support who said that I was to call DD Heating with my details and they would supply the end panels .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Just called DD Heating and the girl took my address details and what I needed etc and said they would be delivered .She sounded quite nonplussed so maybe it happens a lot .I guess DD and SF have some arrangement between them financially to cover this sort of thing .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

So. After all those phone call costs. Did you still get a bargain price from ScrewFix? :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

The bottom line is you're paying for it, allowed for in the original price.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Screwfix is a Freephone number .The other one lasted about 2 minutes ..and I got my 10% discount from SF ( valid until Midnight Sunday)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

That's one way of looking at it ....

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

That should do the trick, they will change it no problem. You should see a TV after DHL has been asked to deliver it. It looked like it had been punched and kicked in to the van. Dixons still use them.

Reply to
Appollo

That includes the carrier from the main warehouse to the trade counters too, as I went and collected 5 radiators from one the other day, all but one had damage!

One damaged end panel on 2 of them All 4 brackets badly damaged on one Top panel damaged on the 4th

Managed to put all the bad bits on one radiator and took just that back!

Opened the new one in the shop to check before I left with the replacement!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

Now you'll understand why I declined SF's offer of sending a replacement ...Hopefully DD Heating know how to wrap things up properly

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

IIRC i ordered 8 rads and had 3-4 damaged ones in the first delivery. It took two more deliveries to get all good rads, then i had 6-7 damaged rads in my hall which screwfix forgot to pickup.

following a call to screwfix, a driver came to pick them up , and there were two more drivers send for the same rads over the following few weeks.

Mine were delivered in a plastic sheet covered in bubble wrap. I also believe its a mixture of poor packing and rough handling.

saying that all the rad have been working perfectly for about 4 years now :)

Reply to
Exhausted

The one I got yesterday was wrapped in plastic sheet AND bubble wrap .The brackets had plastic protectors fitted and all came in a sturdy cardboard box . Apart from the panels being a bit bent ( and DD Heating are replacing them) one of the brackets on the back was bashed ( that I will unbend myself) and I have just noticed a hole in the box where the bracket would have been so something must have hit it . If it's just the panels that are damaged in future orders then I can live with that if the Manfrs replace them directly.Here is their website .It's the FIX Range ( That name is on the side panels of Flomaster rads)

NOSPAMnet

I find that only the double panel rads have any chance of being delivered without damage.

Reply to
Ed Sirett