Rads again

Well the plumber hasn't come yet to see to the rad I cannot bleed. However, I left the heating on today for 3 hours and only in the last hour did the rads get warm/hot. 2 of them are still stone cold the others warm to hot. But so long to get warm. Could it be the pump at fault here? Thanks

Reply to
Ben Short

Could be simply not enough water in the system, when you bleed the highest radiator does water come out, what is the pressure. I have a leak somewhere, every year I fill it a bit or the highest radiator would be all air.

Reply to
ransley

Just a thought. I haven't seen the earlier thread. Is it an old style open system with a header tank? If not, stop reading as the rest is irrelevant.

If it is an open system it could be that either there is no water in the header tank to top up due to a seized valve or the downfeed pipe from the tank is blocked. This will cause the lack of water described above. As you realise I had exactly this problem. The blocked pipe.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

I've had a situation where the bleed valve hole was blocked from inside, I think a manufacturing fault. A poke with a thin (jewelers) screwdriver sorted it, but be sure to have a cloth and the bleed screw close by and get it in quickly - I didn't, so had to keep my thumb over the hole (and hot water) while yelling for the Mrs to come in from the bottom of the garden and find the screw for me! Lesson learned.

Reply to
DavidM