Screwfix...Grrrrr.!!!!

I ordered four items yesterday including a 1200mm radiator totalling over the £45 so there was no handling charge .Items were sent as 2 boxes in the one consignment by Lynx. This morning Lynx arrived with one box containing the three small items and in the box was an invoice for another customer .So far the radiator han't been traced by Lynx so hopefully it will be found by tomorrow and I'll get it then ....

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Can anyone order from screwfix or is it just trade?

Reply to
informer

Anyone - very cheap for most things compared to the likes of b&q etc - just phone up for a catalogue

Reply to
macson

Positively anybody who's anybody, darling.....

(seriously, it's open to public and very good)

Reply to
Steve Walker

And yet is a subsidiary of the cursed red shed....

Reply to
Steve Walker

==================== Yes, anybody can buy, but don't get caught out by the 'Packing & handling charge' if you're buying small quantities.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Don't forget Toolstation who are (allegedly) and offshoot of Screwfix and even cheaper on some stuff (and different range - more in some areas, less in others)

Reply to
John Stumbles

The message from "macson" contains these words:

Which consieringi it's owned by B&Q is clever!

Reply to
Guy King

.=2E..no doubt the rad will be bent when you get it. About two thirds of the ones I have bought from SF have been. They swap them no problem but when you're in a hurry its a PITA!

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

I found toolstation to be almost cheaper on 9 out of any 10 items I ordered last year, and the service is just as good (it is owned by the people that started Screwfix before they sold it to Kingfisher, B&Q's owner). Just a shame that they don't hold half the stock the SF do...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thats why theyre cheaper. As screwfix seeks to grow ther business, theyre doing it by adding mroe lines, which means the cost of catalogues goes up and up, ditto goods storage, tied up capital costs, and all this has to be passed on to the buyer. This is why toolstation can undercut sf, because theyre only offering a slimmed range of high sales volume goods.

TS is under half SF's price on many items. The quality is much lower, but adequate in nearly all cases.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Owned by. As far as being a "subsidiary" goes, then there seems to be almost no influence on Screwfix as yet, and long may it continue so.

I'm lucky, I have one of their expanding network of trade counters nearby.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, to be precise it's not owned by B&Q but both Screwfix and B&Q have the same parent company.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I've checked out Toolstation out as well. Very good prices but haven't made an order so far, mainly because I now get the stuff from the Screwfix trade counter in North London rather than mail order.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

The message from Andy Dingley contains these words:

Cor - I didn't know about them.

Reply to
Guy King

I've realised that screwfix although convenient is not always that cheap although their screw ranges are very good, Ive bought loads over the years.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

B&Q does not own Screwfix. Screwfix and B&Q are both owned by Kingfisher.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Why? They're totally different business models. Screwfix don't have a large portfolio of prime retail sites to maintain.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq