Screwfix Grrrrr.!!!..Update

The "missing" radiator arrived by Lynx this morning but after unpacking it the top grille panel looked quite badly bent .Looking more closely it had come off the supports underneath so after putting it back in place ,while it is better,there is still a slight twist which I can possibly get out .

Anyone had other experiences of this .Someone yesterday mentioned that they had ....Thing is if I get it picked up and replaced is the replacenment going to be any different .....and it means even further delays .....

The panel I am talking about looks to be vulnerable to damage in transit so i don't know why it doesnt get packed seperately to offer better protection..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

My last radiator order from Discounted Heating fulfilled as usual by the local Plumbcenter branch. One of the rads had a slight rattle but no obvious external packing damage. Turned out the plastic ring securing the top grill panel to the bottom entry was broken. Would normally have rejected it but on this occasion had to push on with installation so canibalised an old radiator. No problem with previous Discounted Heating/Plumbcenter rad orders.

Two possible advantages ordering from Discounted Heating/Plumbcenter. (1) There may be a nearby branch and (2) they don't use Lynx.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

In my experience the problems are with Lynx, not with Screwfix. When they use a different carrier I have no issues.

I wish you could choose your carrier when you order.

Rick

Reply to
Rick