screen background in XP

In message , Graham. writes

Indeed, I've never understood such things. I've always wondered where the desktop really is located. It's one up from My Documents, but My Documents is in C:\, and there is no Desktop in C:\.

There has been the odd occasion when the PC has thrown a wobbly, and the desktop icons have got scattered all over the place. However, they have never actually rolled off.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Yes there is, try:- Computer > C:/ >users > [user] > Desktop (Win7)

Reply to
soup

Actually, I knew it was hiding in there somewhere (just not where it usually pretends to be, ie directly in C:\). On my ancient XP PC, it appears to be in C:\ > Documents and Settings > [User (my name)] > Desktop.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I do remember back in the days before Windows a little TSR (terminate and stay resident) program which would make the letters on a screen of text fall off randomly and collect at the bottom of the page.

Reply to
newshound

You'd prefer this?

Reply to