scrapping an old pedal organ

scrapping an old pedal organ like one of thousands that used to be in chapels- is anything worth saving?

Maybe converting it into a bookshelf?

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

not much help to you, but nice.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

I think our ancient upright piano's destined to become a drinks cabinet - I can't be arsed with the hours and expense it'd need to make it playable again. The cast frame inside is a beautiful piece of work though, so I'll keep that and hang it on a wall somewhere.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Organ, It may be worth selling individual parts, I would check on ebay before you do anything. I suspect there are less organs then pianos so may be worth £s as individual parts.

Piano, They weigh a ton I gave mine away free (collection only) to save me trying to dump it ok if you play piano, other than that its a big/heavy peice of furniture.

Reply to
SS

Learn to play the heavy harp.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Harmonium?

Whereabouts?

They're saleable (not for much, but better than nothing) - mostly to steampunks looking for furniture building projects (I'd have it myself if it was nearby) I suggest you post a note about it on the Brass Goggles forum.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Harpo Marx style.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Yes, I'm in the market for any of those handy to SE Wales. Mine so far have been sliced into panels and used as mirror frames. The more rectangular panel becomes a frame, the corner curved braces of the other parts go into the corners of something hefty in oak.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

:-) I thought about leaving it 'harpable', but maybe it's better to back the tension off when it's all open like that (although I'd leave the strings on, I think). It came from a school and has obviously had a very traumatic 100-odd years; I suppose I shouldn't assume that it's about to self destruct, but maybe better safe than sorry!

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

The force on the frame when fully tensioned is up to 40 tons.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel