Saving Outlook Emails to files ?

I use Outlook 2007 for emails. I have a folder of many 'read' emails from a particular person who has given enormous help rebuilding a CNC machine. Many / most have attachments, either pdf's or jpg's.

I'm passing the CNC machine on to another owner, and would like to give him a DVD with this useful information on it. Is there any way to save these emails and attachments other than as a .psv file ?

Outlook 'Export' doesn't help me.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If you can't use a .pst file, I guess that means that the recipient won't be importing them into Outlook (although I wonder if it would work if you installed Outlook, and did not set up an email account, and tried to import it)?

Anyway, I'd suggest trying this, or something similar

Dan S. MacAbre

Just a thought, it may be possible to import all the archived messages into a third party application (like thunderbird say) and then export them from there.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Perhaps this may be of use. Thirty day trial:

Richard

I am not sure, but I think thunderbird can import whatever Outlook exports, and Thunderbird has a few more useful tools

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Depends on what format(s) he can manage and likes to use. And how much time you have.

I have a _very_ clunky macro* which saves Outlook messages as html and names them and attachments from date/sender/addressee/subject. I then covert the html to pdf. It takes time!

If I am less bothered about names etc I use Acrobat Pro X (a gift - I couldn't justify the cost) which integrates with Outlook to create a PDF or a portfolio named just from the email's subject (or from the folder if a portfolio) with attachments.

Let me know if you want examples.

*think Fred Flintstone does VIA :( And the thought of letting the macro out of the house reminds me of mother's warning about underwear: if you were run over and killed wearing dirty underwear you'd die of shame.
Reply to
Robin

Forward them to his email?

Reply to
dennis

The link below describes how to import to Thunderbird - but must be done on a machine with Outlook installed. In fact, several ideas - some crap, at least one I have successfully used.

polygonum