Satelitte cable dilemma!

Ordered a 100m drum of WF100 sat coax from a seller on Ebay, but what I have received is a 100m drum of the WF65 twin shotgun cable.

Whilst it isn't bad getting a £75.00 drum of cable for £35, I can't see any situation where I'm going to use a full 100m of this stuff.

However, if I return this its going to cost me postage and if I list this on Ebay to sell again, there's no guarantee someone will buy it (and Ebay's re-insertion fees are getting steeper).

So, do I take a chance listing this on Ebay, or do I do the right thing and contact the seller and see if he'll credit me the postage for returning this?

Decisions, decision....

Reply to
Simon (Dark Angel)

Simon (Dark Angel) expressed precisely :

If what you received is not what you bid upon, get in touch with the seller - it is their problem to resolve it at their cost or refund.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , "Simon (Dark Angel)" writes

Run the shotgun to whatever dish you are fitting and seal the unused part with self amalgamating tape. Extremely handy if you ever decide to add a twin LNB or run into another room.

His mistake, his responsibility to make it right IMHO. Chances are the cost of return postage and for sending out the new reel will soak up most of the difference anyway so they'll probably tell you to keep it.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

One of the reasons I've given up buying from fleabay.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I sold a secondhand fast IDE card for a RISC OS machine. Got a good price too - lots of interest. Buyer then emailed me for a better copy of the pic I'd put on the ad. Then said the PCB was cracked. Pointed it out on the original pic. I said if it didn't *work* send it back and I'd refund. I got the impression he didn't even want to try it. Without further reference he sent it back. And the 'crack' was the most minor of scratches which in no way effected the operation which was fine. I had to use a magnifying glass to see it - and it was obviously a scratch by the raised edges and didn't extend down the side let alone through the laminate. And was nowhere near a track. So just a minor cosmetic blemish on a PCB you wouldn't see as it was inside the computer. The painted mounting plate was perfect. Emailed him and got no reply. Wrote a letter to the address I'd sent it to and said that I wasn't going to refund as it was as described - in good working condition. The scratch could have been there from new for all I know. Suggested he send me the postage and I'd return it. Heard nothing. Said in the letter he had a month to decide - and that's nearly up. It was paid for via Paypal and no attempt made to reclaim the money.

I'm thinking of putting it back on Ebay after the month is up and sending him anything it makes up to what he paid less my actual out of pocket expenses - but am not sure about the legality of this. Is it mine to sell?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Possession is nine points of the law

Reply to
pete

You should worry ... The installers left 2 x 1000m drums of this stuff in my M-I-Ls front garden. They're now in my shed. I really must do something with them. Is there actually any market for this stuff?

(Lrf, V xabj vg'f "fgrnyvat ol svaqvat".)

Reply to
Huge

I'm not quite sure of the sequence of events.

You say you sent it and got it back. Fine he's rejected the goods as he is entitled to do under the DSR for virtualy any reason. You should refund him at least the cost of the item depending on what you have said in the auction you may or may not be able to retain the postage to him element and he may be able to claim the return postage from you. It depends on the on what you said in the auction (I'm not sure what the defaults in the DSR regs say). You need to initiate a partial refund through Paypal, if you don't he may start procedures against you for not refunding as you said you would.

As I see it ATM the deal is off, you have the goods, but until you have refunded him what he paid title of the goods seems to be in limbo. Refund him and they are yours to do with as you like.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not for a private sale?? I thought DSR only applied to a b2c sale?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Since they're not new and I'm not a trader, what law says that?

I described it accurately as being used and in good working order. Which it is. The card in question hasn't been made for many years.

He's too late.

Ebay would cease to function if buyers could demand a refund for secondhand goods on a whim. Different matter if they're faulty or not as described.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True enough but is your buyer going to know that?

Surely it's simple he doesn't want the thing, just give him his money back less the postage as charged in the sale (you of course mark up the postage a little) and relist remembering to add him to your list of blocked bidders...

I don't think he can relaim via Paypal without opening a dispute, you can do a partial refund though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

te:

Reply to
matthew.larkin

I don't really care. He doesn't seem to be able to understand plain English and doesn't reply to emails or snail mail.

Why should I risk losing money? He should have re-sold it if he didn't want it for whatever reason.

He's too late to open a dispute. I could indeed do a refund but don't see why I should go to the trouble.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That is what I ultimately decided to do.

I think if I had any need for this other stuff I may have hung onto it, but as I have no need I have decided to see what he wants to do about exhcanging it.

Reply to
Simon (Dark Angel)