Coax cable

I'm replacing the old coax to my main TV set as there's definately a fault in it somewhere. So I've decided to use sattelite cable as its a lot less lossy.
The run is only about 20 metres, so will standard RG6 satelitte cable be fine for this, or would anyone recommend getting something a bit more heavy duty like CT100?
Reason I ask is the RG6 (the cheap stuff you get in DIY shops) isn;t as dear and don;t want to splash out on the heavier duty cable if it can be avoided.
Thanks in advance.
--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor

This tells you chapter and verse.
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality-hmdi-m.html
Peter Crosland
Simon (Dark Angel) submitted this idea :

The cable as sold for satellites is the standard these days for both TV and Sat frequencies, along with the use of F type connectors.

It is not so much heavy duty as lower loss and better screened.

The RG6 might well work, but has less immunity to impulse noise like your microwave starting and thermostats switching. This is no more important due to the change over to digital.
I originally wired an outlet to almost every room in the house with RG6, before CT100 became available. Last week I replaced the RG6 down-lead to the distribution unit with CT100. As and when, I will eventually replace all of the RG6 with CT100 simply for its better immunity.
I don't usually buy from DIY shops - I paid 18 for a full drum of CT100 from an electrical wholesaler.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Was that a 50m drum or 100m drum?
--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor

[Walks out to workshop in the rain...]
It doesn't say, but my guess would be 100m because I have used about 20m from it and it still looks very full.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Next question, which electrical wholesalers did you aquire it from?
If its a national chain, I'm hoping they've probably got a branch near me.
--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor
Simon (Dark Angel) wrote:

Try these guys:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Aerials_Index/Coaxial_and_Satellite/index.html

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Aerials_Index/Coaxial_and_Satellite/index.html
FWIY I use this for both terrestrial and satellite. The cables terminate on DIY faceplates made using dummy faceplates, F Barrels, and F elbows.
--
Michael Chare

Simon (Dark Angel) was thinking very hard :

WF, but I think most of them will keep it in stock.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Ebay - 5829397879